How to Get Fit for Free
Staying physically fit is a lifelong endeavor that can sometimes get sidetracked by big life changes. Fortunately, there are lots of opportunities to try new ways to get fit without investing in a full membership package.
Read below to find great places that regularly offer fitness classes for free, and even more that offer free trials for new customers!
Where to Get Fit for Free
No matter how you like to move and exercise, there are lots of great free workout programs to help you meet your goals! Find free fitness classes (ongoing) or sign up for a free trial offer (limited time period) to see how you’ll enjoy something new!
Free Fitness Programs
Keep a step ahead of health issues by staying fit with exercise, sports, and fitness classes.
These free fitness programs include regular free classes and do not cost anything to sign up! Take advantage of these great ongoing free fitness options and stay ready for all of life’s adventures.
- LL Bean: Free outdoor discovery programs include birding, biking, hiking, + snowshoeing
- Wide variety of outdoor adventure classes, including camping, climbing, + more
- Select your location and select the price as “Free” to see upcoming free classes
Select classes require advance signup to secure a spot in the free class.
Free Fitness Trial Offers
If you are considering joining a paid gym or fitness studio, it helps to try out the facilities before you sign up. Visit these workout locations for a free trial and tour of the facilities.
Note that these deals are free trial offers, which may require payment information that will be charged if you do not actively cancel your membership before the free trial period expires.
Free Barre Trials
Barre workout enthusiasts will enjoy the chance to try a free barre workout in online or in-person settings! This popular workout has roots in ballet and when combined with free trial offers they make great free exercise programs women and men.
- Barre Body: The first 14 days are free for all online plans
- BHome: Free 7-day trial to online Barre Fitness classes
- Physique 57: Free 7-day online trial
- Pure Barre: Free barre class pass
Free Boxing Trials
Get ready for a round in the ring with free boxing classes either online or in-person.
- Free introductory kickboxing circuit training class (in-person)
- Free 7-day trial of 9RoundNow on-demand online classes
- TITLE Boxing Club: Free 7-day online trial
Free Dance Trials
These free dance classes are perfect for anyone wanting to learn dance moves from the comfort and security of their own home. Learn fun dance moves from dozens of styles, including ballet, ballroom, Bollywood, hip-hop, tap, and more!
- City Dance Corps: Free 7-day online trial
- CLI Studios: Free 7-day online trial
- STEEZY: Free 7-day online trial
Free Online Fitness Trials
The free fitness trials are for online resources to help you get fit. Enjoy a wide variety of workout options from the convenience of your chosen workout location!
- AARMY: Free 14-day online trial
- NYC-area can choose 1st in-person session for free
- Centr: Free 1-month free trial
- Daily Burn: Free 30-day trial
- Glo: Free 7-day online trial
- MOSSA on Demand: Free 14-day online trial
- Obé Fitness: Free 7-day online trial
- Members of the free AthletaWell program can get an extended free Obé Fitness 30-day trial for a limited time – login to AthletaWell account to find the offer
- Peloton (app with live and on-demand classes and no equipment needed)
- New Members who choose monthly billing get a 30-day free trial
- New Members who choose annual billing get 12 months of Membership for the price of 10
- The Be.Come Project: Free 10-day online trial
- The Class: Free 14-day online trial
Free Pilates Trials
These free Pilates classes will have you feeling leaner and longer whether you choose to go to an in-person Pilates class or to do your Pilates routine online. Take Pilates classes online free or try a free class pass at Club Pilates locations nationwide.
- Body Harmonics on Demand: Free 40-day online trial
- Club Pilates: Free Intro Pilates class pass
- Core Club: Free 7-day online trial
- Frog Temple: Free 10-day online trial
- HT Pilates Plus: Free 7-day online trial
- Merrithew Connect: New members get a free 14-day online trial
- Peaches Pilates: Free 7-day online trial
- Pilates Anytime: Free 15-day online trial
- Pilates for Sports: Free 28-day online challenge
- Pilates Project: Free 7-day online trial
- The Pilates Class: Free 7-day online trial
- Speir Pilates: Free 7-day online trial
Free Yoga Trials
These fitness providers primarily focus on yoga, but may also offer additional workout types, including pilates, barre, and more. Whether you want free yoga classes online or free yoga classes in person, you’ll enjoy the free trial offers from these well-known yoga studios.
- Alo Moves: Free 14-day online trial
- CorePower Yoga
- New students get a free week of in-person classes
- Free online content for everyone
- Free yoga and mindfulness content on Instagram
- Free community class on Friday at 1:00 pm MT on YouTube
- Gaia: Free trial to access online content
- The Underbelly: Free 14-day online trial
- YogaWorks: Free 14-day online trial
These free fitness trials are intended to acquire new members — you may be asked for payment information that can be charged if you do not actively cancel your membership by the end of your free trial.
Free Gym Passes
These free gym passes are good for local fitness studios that offer a wide variety of ways to exercise and feel great! Look for free weights, weight machines, cardio equipment, and unique fitness classes at these gyms with free trials.
The terms and conditions of each offer vary, but most free gym pass offers are for local residents only and require a photo ID to redeem.
- 24 Hour Fitness: Free 3-day free gym pass
- Anytime Fitness: Free 7-day pass to Anytime Fitness
- Blink Fitness: Free 1-day pass
- New users get a free 1-month trial of ClassPass that works at 1000’s of locations
- Includes credits to book local classes, including pilates, yoga, and dance
- Crunch: Free 3-day pass to Crunch
- Gold’s Gym: Free gym pass for Gold’s Gym
- HOTWORX: Free HOTWORX infrared studio session for local, first-time guests
- LA Fitness: Free 3-day gym trial for LA Fitness
- Onelife Fitness
- Free 1-day VIP guest pass
- Free 14-day trial of Onelife Anywhere (online workouts)
- OrangeTheory: Free class pass to first-time visitors
- Planet Fitness: Free day pass for Planet Fitness
Free gym pass offers are intended to drive new member sign-ups — you should definitely expect a membership sales pitch with each of the free trial offers.
Most of the offers above do not require investments in specialized gear, but a few great fitness accessories are versatile enough to be useful no matter what type of exercise you prefer.
Every job is easier when you’re equipped with great tools. Invest in high-quality fitness essentials that you can use no matter how many different activities you like to enjoy!
A durable exercise mat is a must-have for yoga, pilates, and other floor-based workout routines.
Heart Rate Monitors
An accurate heart rate monitor can help to keep your heart rate in the correct target zones so that you can reach your fitness goals.
Comfortable and Supportive Socks
Whether you need comfortable padding for impact sports or a grippy surface for mat-based workouts, the right socks can make a world of difference!
Reusable Water Bottles
Be sure to stay hydrated while you exercise by keeping a water bottle nearby. Invest in one that you love, so that you are more likely to use it often.
Thank you for pinning, saving, and sharing!
Which of these looks most enticing to you? Are you more interested in the best free online workout videos or the best free in-person exercise classes?