Free Stuff for Kids
Enjoy big discounts with these great offers of free stuff for kids. Let kids explore something new and exciting with a wide variety of free learning programs for kids. Check out all the different ways that kids can get free stuff all year with the money-saving ideas below.
Free Stuff for Kids
In addition to dozens of offers where Kids Eat Free (offers available every day!!), these great free kids offers can help keep kids inspired and engaged with the world around them.
Free Recreation for Kids
These free kids programs are great ways to create lasting memories with fun, free activities.
In addition to the nationwide free admission days for US National Parks (one of these days is usually during the summer), all kids in the 4th grade are eligible for a free annual National Parks Pass valued at $80!
- All US 4th graders are eligible to receive a Free National Parks Pass valid for the school year (which runs from September through August)!
- The Free National Parks passes are available for US 4th graders, US 4th grade teachers, and adults who engage 4th graders through a youth-serving organization including camp directors, home-school leaders, after-school leaders, etc.
- Learn more about the Every Kid Outdoors program online and sign up your 4th graders ASAP!
Anyone can take free fly fishing classes at Orvis. Sign up online for a free in-person class or a free virtual class.
- Fly Fishing 101 class is FREE
- Fly Fishing 201 class may have a small fee
- Graduates of either class receive a free Trout Unlimited Membership valued at $35
- Outdoor discovery programs include archery, paddle boarding, canoeing, biking, and bird watching
- The minimum age for participation depends on activity and whether or not a guardian will also be present
- Free outdoor programs are available across the Northeastern US and include bird hikes and snowshoeing
- Local REI stores offer unique learning opportunities including backcountry navigation, hiking, cycling, climbing, and snowsports
- See free events for kids by filtering results for “kids” and “free”
Free Swimming Lessons
Many local communities invest in programs that teach their residents to learn to swim for free. Check with local parks, counties, and youth programs to find programs in other areas.
- New York: Youth (under 18) and Young Adults (18 – 24)that are residents of NYC are eligible for a free NYC Parks Recreation Center Membership with access to all centers (including indoor pools)
- All members (any age) may apply to take free classes to learn to swim (admission is lottery-based) which are held year-round
- Florida: Residents of Broward County between 6 months and 8 years old can get one coupon per fiscal year for swimming lessons
- Nationwide: Many local YMCA locations have swim programs for children
Free Reading Material for Kids
These great resources make it possible for kids to have physical reading materials that are engaging and age-appropriate. Kids will love the free kids stuff mail shipments just for them!
Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library is a book gifting program that sends free books for kids from birth to age 5. Programs are available to kids in the USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, and Australia. Over 175 million free books have been given away since 1995! Sign up for free kids books online at the Imagination Library website.
Lego fans between the ages of 5 and 9 can get a free subscription to LEGO Life Magazine, which sends 5 issues per year. The website also includes links to browse archives for previous editions of the magazine.
Free In-Person Activities for Kids
For personal instruction on crafts and classes, visit these events at retail stores and local libraries.
Apple was known to have some of the earliest free coding courses kids. Today kids can choose free in-person or online creative classes and more with the “Today” series from Apple. Sign up for free classes in art, design, photography, video, coding, and music. Take online classes from anywhere or browse in-store classes where you may bring your own device or let Apple “provide the latest”.
Ongoing classes are available for kids and adults and free registration is available online.
- Stop by a participating Home Depot store on the 1st Saturday of the month from 9 am – 12 pm to pick up a monthly free Kids Workshop Kit
- Free kits are available in-store while supplies last
- Kits Workshop Kits may also be purchased online
- Home Depot also offers an online library of free kids DIY activities with step-by-step project instructions
- JC Penney offers FREE crafts for kids every month on the 2nd Saturday of the month from 11 am – 12 pm
- Kids get a craft, ID badge, lanyard, and more
- Parents also get a 10% off coupon to use on the day of the event
- Lowes offers regular free DIY workshops for kids on select Saturday mornings (project materials provided by the store)
- Advance registration is required
- Free project kits may be picked up at stores to complete at home
Free Events at Local Libraries
Each library system is unique, but it’s worth a look at your local library to find out what programs they offer that are tailored for kids.
- California: Los Angeles Public Library offers free kids events including storytime, homework help, and holiday crafting
- Georgia: Fulton Country Library offers free events for kids including holiday crafting, a chess club, lego build events, Rube Goldberg builds, plus free family yoga classes
- New York: The Brooklyn Public Library offers free eCards to teens across the country as a response to combat local book bans
- Young adults (ages 13 to 21) nationwide, may apply for a free eCard from BPL and unlock access to an extensive collection of eBooks
Free Online Learning Kids
Although online classes may not seem as ideal as in-person options, the price is right (free!) and free online learning kids is definitely convenient! Try these free online courses kids to let them try out a new activity.
- Cosmic Kids Yoga via Youtube: yoga, mindfulness, and relaxation for kids
- Create & Learn: free coding classes with live video experience and small groups (max 5 students)
- Khan Academy Kids: an educational program for ages 2 – 8 with online classes kids free (100% free and no ads!)
- Lakeshore Learning: free printables and videos with activities, crafts, and games for kids
- Free Crafts for Kids in-store events at Lakeshore have been postponed until further notice
- Microsoft: free online classes and coding workshops featuring popular Star Wars and Minecraft themes
- Adults may also benefit from the library of free online classes for adults
- National Geographic Kids: games, quizzes, activities, and videos for kids to explore
- Piano Lessons 4 Children: free online piano lessons to teach the basics of piano to kids
- Prodigy: game-based math and English instruction
- Sawyer: wide variety of free online classes from dance to Dungeons & Dragons
- Storyline Online: videos with free kids stories online story books being read aloud by well-known actors (100% free and no advertisements!)
- TED Ed: spark and celebrate ideas and learning with TED’s youth and education initiative
Free Games for Kids
Kids often find balance easily through fun play and games. Explore free games for kids that can inspire all kinds of fun adventures.
- PBS Kids Games: browse free kid games online from a wide variety of topics including rhyming, adventure, Spanish, science, matching, and shapes
- Sesame Street Games: enjoy free online kids learning games that feature their favorite Sesame Street characters
Free Birthday Surprises
Parents can sign up their kids for a free personalized happy birthday call from their favorite Nickelodeon characters. Choose from SpongeBob, Patrick Star, Dora, Blaze, Wallykazam, and more! Additionally, take advantage of free resources on the Nickelodeon Birthday Club website that includes printable DIY decorations from popular Nickelodeon characters.
Note that children must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to participate in free events.
Thank you for saving and sharing!
For free summertime fun, check out the popular article featuring Summer Discounts and Freebies for Kids (includes over a dozen theme parks with free kids’ season passes).