National Ice Cream Day Promotions
National Ice Cream Day is approaching fast, and you’ll want to take advantage of great deals on ice cream and frozen treats to mark the occasion!
The entire month of July is “Ice Cream Month“, and there are a few great deals available all month… but the biggest and best deals will be on “National Ice Cream Day“, which falls on the 3rd Sunday of July (Sunday, July 19, 2020).
National Ice Cream Day Promotions
The information below is for the National Ice Cream Day offers that happened in 2019. Stay tuned for updates on offers that will be available for the 2020 holiday on Sunday, July 19, 2020.
Take a look at the list of National Ice Cream Day 2019 offers and make plans to enjoy a free or discounted scoop to stay cool during the intense July heat!
- Brusters (July 21, 2019): double points on all purchases
- plus free baby cone for kids under 40″ tall (every day)
- Carvel (July 21, 2019): buy one soft serve cup or cone, get one free
- plus every Wednesday is “Sundae” at Carvel when you buy a classic soft ice cream sundae on Wednesday you get another FREE
- Cold Stone Creamery (July 21 – July 28, 2019): BOGO for rewards club members: buy one (1) Like It (Sm), Love It (Reg), or Gotta Have It (Lg) and Get One FREE (of equal or lesser value)
- plus on July 21st only get a $10 bonus eCard for every $30 in Cold Stone Creamery Gift Cards purchased on ColdStoneCreamery.com
- Cream (July 21 – 22, 2019): buy one scoop, get one free
- Dippin’ Dots (July 21, 2019 for 2 hours only – call your location to learn the hours): free mini cup of Dippin Dots
- 30% off online orders of $50+ with code nice30
- Godiva (July 21, 2019): Buy One, Get One 50% off Soft Serve
- Johnny Rockets (July 21, 2019): free shake with entree purchase
- Monkey Joe’s (July 21, 2019): children get a free ice cream cup with paid admission
- additional prizes and giveaways throughout the day (varies by location)
- Sonic Drive-In (every day HAPPY HOUR offer): get 1/2 price drinks and slushes from 2pm – 4pm OR anytime when ordering via app
- Sonic Drive-In (summer 2019 after 8pm): 1/2 price shakes and $1.49 ice cream cookie sandwiches
- Sprinkles (July 21, 2019): whipser “scoop there it is” and buy a scoop of ice cream, get one free
- Yogurtland (July 21, 2019 from 1pm – 6pm): Buy one ice cream and get one free when you visit Yogurtland and dig into the fun with an Ice Cream Cone collectible spoon
These weekday offers don’t actually fall on National Ice Cream day, but you may want to enjoy them during the week:
- Marble Slab (July 2019 weekdays, 2pm – 4pm): free small cup or cone with Majestic Shake purchase
- Steak ‘N’ Shake (2019 weekdays 2pm – 5pm): 1/2 price shakes and drinks
And because you don’t want to leave out your best friend, check out these cool offers for dogs:
- Brusters (every day 2019 offer!): free doggie sundae for your dog
- PetSmart (July 20, 2019 – July 21, 2019): free four-ounce, complimentary serving of dog-safe ice cream at PetSmart stores that have PetsHotel facilities (this frozen treat is customarily offered as an add-on treat service at Doggie Day Camp and during overnight stays)
Other Times to Get Free Ice Cream
Fortunately, National Ice Cream Day isn’t the only time to score free ice cream. Some shops choose to participate in other free ice cream promotions like Free Cone Day (which falls on different dates at each store) or other dates and milestones. So even if your favorite ice cream shop isn’t participating in the National Ice Cream Day promotions, stay alert to find specials during other times of the year!
- Baskin Robbins: usually offers “Celebrate 31” promotion on the 31st of every month for $1.70 scoops all day (event was canceled due to coronavirus pandemic in March 2020 – check the website for updates)
- Ben & Jerry: usually offers a complimentary free mini cone annually on free cone day in April, but has suspended the program for 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic
- Bruster’s: usually offers a complimentary waffle cone to people who arrive wearing pajamas for the annual PJ Day, but the event originally scheduled for Saturday, March 28, 2020 has been postponed and will be scheduled at a later date
- Dairy Queen: originally scheduled to offer a free cone on Thursday, March 19, 2020 but program has been postponed for 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic
- Häagen-Dazs: free cone day is scheduled for the 2nd Tuesday in May at participating locations #HDFreeConeDay (note this does appear to be happening in 2020)
- Rita’s: originally scheduled to offer a free Italian Ice on the 1st day of Spring (March 19, 2020), but program has been postponed for 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic
- TCBY: offered free first 6oz for Dad on Father’s Day on June 16 in 2019 (stay tuned for 2020 offers)
Finally, you can also get free offers for sweets and ice cream when you sign up for e-newsletters, loyalty programs, and / or download an app. Visit the post about Free Restaurant Sign Up Bonuses and scroll down to the bottom to see a roundup of places where you can get free Desserts & Sweets at any time of the year!
Enjoying Ice Cream at Home
The fun doesn’t have to end once the annual Ice Cream Day event has ended. It’s easy to enjoy ice cream at home no matter if you make it yourself or order it from a store. If you want to try making your own, you’ll be surprised that all it takes is an ice cream maker and a few simple ingredients!
Ice Cream Makers
Choose one of many different types of ice cream makers depending on your family’s needs.
So many great models of ice cream makers!
Ice Cream Recipes
There is no shortage of recipes and videos on how to make ice cream on the internet, but sometimes there is no substitute for the real thing. Pick up one of these fantastic cookbooks and make your own recipe notes to help refine your favorites.
Ice Cream Add-Ons
Whether you start with a straight scoop of vanilla or a mix of different flavors, these ice cream add-ons can take your treats to the next level.
Ice Cream Accessories
These fun items celebrate the fun spirit of ice cream.
What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Are you planning to take advantage of any of the freebies this year?